James M. Flammang, author of 30 books (including
six for children), is at work on several more,
including the title described below.
An independent journalist since the 1980s, Flammang
specialized in the automobile business. During
2016, he turned away from cars and into more vital
topics: work/labor, consumer concerns, and especially,
the emerging outrages of the Trump administration. His
website, Tirekicking Today (tirekick.com) has been
online since 1995.
1. Without a Paddle
2. It Doesn’t Get Better
3. Cubicle Life–from desk space to Dilbert
4. Evolution of a Bad Attitude
5. Tears and Anger
6. Jobs versus Careers
Sidebar 1: Does Your Job Matter?
7. Pounding the Pavement
8. Squeezing Into Square Holes
10. Perks and Pensions
11. Bosses and “Better People”
12. Making Mistakes
13. Short-timers, Part-timers, and Temps
Sidebar 2: Wages: past and present
14. Junk Jobs
15. Off the Books
16. Unconventional Work
17. Danger Ahead
18. Taking Advantage
19. Hitting Bottom
20. Back to School
Sidebar 3: The Intern Experience
21. Going Governmental
22. Work in Fiction
23. Personal Barriers
24. Disabilities and Discrimination
25. Reject! For troubled applicants, job search is futile endeavor
26. Women in the Workplace
28. Destroying Young People’s Dreams
Sidebar 4: Needed Now: Jobs, Not Careers
29. The Labor Movement
30. Is This All There Is?
31. Independence – Is it Valhalla or an Illusion?
Epilogue: What To Do?
Afterword: Strictly Personal
About the Author